The JBL Bar 5.1 Surround (soundbar and subwoofer) is compatible with 100-240 volt, 50/60 Hz AC current. However, make sure it’s the right voltage for your product and the line voltage in your location. Without proper voltage, the product could be damaged.
Use only the power cord that came with your device to prevent safety risks. Extension cables shouldn’t be used with this device, per our recommendation. Don’t run power cords under rugs or carpets, or lay heavy things on them. You should never do that with electrical devices. An authorized service center should replace damaged power cords right away with a cord that meets manufacturing requirements.
How to Calibrate a JBL 5.1 Sound Bar
You can make your soundbar sound better for your preferred seat position with Automatic Multibeam Calibration (AMC).
Please follow the steps below for the calibration process of your JBL 5.1 accordingly.
- Press and hold the HDMI button on the remote control until the soundbar shows “CALIBRATION” on it.
- Wait 5 seconds.
- You can hear a loud sound and the audio calibration starts.
- Wait until the “CALIBRATING” calibration process is ongoing.
- Displaying “DONE” means the calibration was successful.
The power and HDMI buttons on your remote control won’t work during Automatic Multibeam Calibration. If Automatic Multibeam Calibration fails, “FAILED” is displayed.
JBL 5.1’s Audio Sync Calibration
To make sure that your video material is delivered on time and error-free, you can use the audio sync tool to quickly and easily synchronize audio and video.
Follow these steps to do that:
- Press and hold “TV” on the remote control for at least three seconds, then release it.
- To quickly change the audio delay and sync it with the video, hit + or – on the remote control within 5 seconds. The timing for the audio sync is shown along with a visual indicator.
Follow these steps to make your audio sync calibration perfect for accurate audio delivery.
JBL 5.1’s Bass Adjustment Calibration
By following these step-by-step instructions, you’ll be able to change the bass to your preferred levels:
- Make sure the subwoofer and soundbar are connected properly and that the sound is coming from the correct direction.
- To quickly switch between different levels on the remote, simply hit “BASS” repeatedly.
- The bass level indicator should be changed to High, Low, Mid, and Default.
- Go with the default option.
- This will make your JBL 5.1 soundbar audio delivery system far better.
JBL 5.1’s Smart Mode Calibration
You can watch TV shows with dynamic sound effects in smart mode if you activate it. However, by turning off smart mode and switching to normal mode, you can lower sound effects for TV programs like news and weather forecasts.
Follow these steps to quickly and easily activate smart mode:
- Press and hold the “mute” button on the remote control for more than 3 seconds.
- After that press the + button.
- It displays the mode that is in use. The smart mode is active if it says “ON SMART MODE.”
- And if it says “OFF SMART MODE” then your soundbar is in normal mode.
- Just repeat the following steps to activate smart mode in your soundbar.
- To make your soundbar back to normal mode, do the same thing again.
JBL 5.1’s Sound Calibration
Follow these steps to calibrate the sound:
- It’s important to make sure your room is as quiet as possible.
- Make sure that nothing is blocking the line of sight between the soundbar and the two removable rear speakers, and that the sound is coming from the correct location.
- Make sure that the left and right rear speakers are positioned correctly, with the L speaker on the left and the R speaker on the right. This will ensure that the sound will come out of the left and right speakers in balanced pairs and that the sound will be distributed evenly across the entire room.
Although JBL Bar 5.1 Surround doesn’t provide true 5.1 surround sound, if you calibrate it correctly, the quality of the sound will astound you.
During action scenes, its subwoofer can shake the ground and give voice depth. Overall, it’s a good mid-priced soundbar. Although the setup was more difficult than with other soundbars, it should just be a one-time hassle.
I hope this comprehensive guide assists you in efficiently and effectively gathering all the knowledge necessary to calibrate your JBL 5.1 soundbar.