For those who want to improve their TV audio without the hassle of setting up a full surround sound system, VIZIO sound bars are a popular option. What happens, though, if you misplace or damage your remote control?
Everybody has experienced losing their remote control or having their remote stop working altogether. The question then remains, how to adjust VIZIO sound bar without a remote?
Without the remote, how can you turn on, adjust, or change the settings on your sound bar?
There are a few alternative ways to turn on your VIZIO sound bar if your remote control is missing or damaged;
Use the sound bar’s power button
Most sound bars have a power button on the device itself, including VIZIO models. To activate the sound bar, simply find the button and press it.
Connect the sound bar to a TV with an HDMI ARC connection
You can use the TV remote to activate the sound bar if the sound bar and your TV both have an HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) port. Just use an HDMI cable to connect the two devices, and make sure both have the ARC feature turned on. The sound bar can then be activated using the TV remote.
Bluetooth can be used to link the sound bar to a smart device
You can use a smart device, such as a smartphone or tablet, to turn on the VIZIO sound bar if it has Bluetooth connectivity. Simply pair the device via Bluetooth with the sound bar, then use the device to manage the sound bar’s power.
You have a few options for adjusting the volume of your VIZIO sound bar without a remote;
- Use the sound bar’s volume controls. Many sound bars, including VIZIO models, have volume buttons on the unit itself, similar to the power button. To adjust the volume, simply locate and press the appropriate buttons.
- Connect the sound bar to a TV using an HDMI ARC cable. If your TV and sound bar are connected via HDMI ARC, you can adjust the volume of the sound bar using the TV remote.
- Connect the sound bar to a Bluetooth-enabled smart device. If your VIZIO sound bar has Bluetooth connectivity, you can adjust the volume with a smart device such as a smart phone or a tablet. Connect the device to the sound bar via Bluetooth and use the device’s controls to adjust the volume of the sound bar.
You can use the following methods to change the settings on your VIZIO sound bar if you don’t have a remote;
- Use the sound bar’s buttons. You can access and change settings using the buttons on the unit.
- You can change the settings with a smart device by connecting it with a Bluetooth connectivity and use the device’s controls to access and change the sound bar’s settings.
In conclusion, it can be upsetting to lose your VIZIO sound bar remote, but that doesn’t mean you have to accept mediocre audio quality. You can still use a few different control techniques to access all of your sound bar’s features and settings.
You can still use your VIZIO sound bar and all of its features even without a remote by learning how to use these alternate control methods. Therefore, don’t let a misplaced or damaged remote prevent you from enjoying high-quality audio.